Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ranger Phillips Chicago England

I found this bike today! I payed $15 and am slowly finding that I got a fantastic deal. I can't really place a good estimated value on the bike yet but could use help doing so. What I know so far about the bike is that it was made in a Raleigh factory in the 60-70's. I can't figure out why the head badge says Chicago Illinois though. Its built with the same parts as the super rare "Robin Hood Bike" with only minor differences including the labels of coarse. The de-railers are legendary huret items. Legendary because that design was a milestone in de-railer technology and were the first of their kind. Bottom Bracket isn't Euro or American and crank is ornate and super rad. The front tire has the most unique quick release hub I've ever seen, and the brake pads say "John Bull" on them for some reason (Just a British brand I guess). If anyone can help me learn more about this bike I'd really appreciate it. I think I've got something rare on my hands and would like to price it at such but who knows it could be just another "Fixie" upper if you know what I mean.







No comments:

Post a Comment